Masterclass Brain booster available for Year 3 students
For the third year running the Pastoral Team in cooperation with VEEMA Education is offering a revision course. The course title is Masterclass Brain Booster. Registrations are now open. Cost of the workshop is EUR35.00 and will take place on Tuesday, 13th February. Deadline to apply is the 7th February.
Dear Parents and Students of Year 3
We would like to invite interest from any students in Year 3 wishing to participate in a workshop designed to boost study/revision skills and preparation for exams.
Following the successful set of workshops offered last academic year to Year 3 students as well as to Upper School students, VEEMA Education, a UK based educational consultancy firm (www.veema.co.uk), is working with us to offer a student masterclass designed specifically for Year 3 students, entitled ‘Brain Booster’.
What does this masterclass involve?
- Effective strategies for processing information — including memory games that help build brainpower.
- Reflecting with students on how they currently study — what works for them and why and how we could improve the way they approach independent study time.
- What revision methods do not work and why they are not effective.
- Growth mind-set — the importance of students developing a growth mind-set attitude towards learning.
- Activities include areas such as personal, learning and thinking skills, independent enquirers, team workers, creative thinkers, self-managers, reflective learners, effective participators etc.
The workshops will take place in the School Hall on Tuesday 13th February. The times will be confirmed at a later stage.
- To acquire important strategies and techniques for exam success
- To enable students to properly plan and personalise learning and revision
- To develop time management and organisational skills
Student will leave the Brain Booster masterclass;
- Feeling confident in using ''the seven habits of an effective learner'- when in the classroom or studying independently.
- With examples of a ‘growth mindset’ attitude and how the brain works best when learning.
- Better informed about how to effectively plan their revision for their upcoming exams.
If you are interested in participating click here or copy the below link in your browser https://www.englishschool.ac.cy/machform/view.php?id=39938%22
Complete the online registration form paying €35 online by 7th February 2018.
Please also note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.