Turkish Syllabus - Year 1 Entry
Programme of study:
Range of writing
- Have read a range of materials and ‘use their knowledge of words, sentences and texts to understand and respond to the meaning.’
- Increase their ability to read challenging and lengthy texts independently.
- Make connections between different parts of the texts, look for meaning beyond the literal and be able to use inference and deduction e.g. how stories begin and end, what has been included/omitted in information writing.
- Recognize the choice, use and effect of figurative language and vocabulary; be able to identify how character and setting are used, and consider poetic forms and their effect and recognize the differences between author, narrator and character.
- Identify different ways of constructing sentences and their effect.
- Use features of layout, presentation and organization effectively. They should know how to plan, draft, revise, proofread, present and discuss.
- Be able to imagine and explore feelings and ideas, to inform and explain, to persuade focusing on how language is used and on how to interest the reader. Choose from and content to suit a particular purpose. Use language and style that are appropriate to the reader.
- Identify a range of forms of writing which should include: narratives, poems, opinions, reviews, reports, journalistic writing and auto/biography.
- Have a good understanding of nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions.
- Be able to recognize and use different types of sentences including statements, questions and commands, complex sentences, including clauses, phrases and connectives.
- Have a good understanding of the purposes of paragraphs and punctuation, including commas, apostrophes for contractions and possession.
Range of writing
- Book Blurbs
- Journalistic writing
- 2004 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2005 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2006 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2007 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2008 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2009 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2011 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2012 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2013 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2014 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2015 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2016 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2017 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2018 Turkish Entrance Exam
- 2019 Turkish Entrance Exams
- 2020 Turkish Entrance Exams
- 2021 Turkish Entrance Exams
Turkish Diagnostic Paper